PLEASE NOTE: Click on the tutorial and then SCROLL DOWN! I have TONS of information on this site, and you must SCROLL DOWN to see it!

~ Welcome to my Finishing Tutorial Blog ~

It is my sincere pleasure to help fellow Stitchers learn how to finish their projects beautifully. Literally, thousands of people have used my tutorials with stunning results. My tutorials are complete, simple to follow and written for all learning levels and all learning types. I use a step by step format with written word and pictures that is appropriate for VISUAL learners as well as LITERAL learners. Everything is as correct, as concise and as perfect as I can make them.

I am currently also adding VIDEO tutorials to my website. I have a channel on YouTube and will add video tutorials as often as I can. It is my goal to teach as many people as I can to be proficient and at ease with finishing their cross stitch. I've had great positive feedback about my new video tutorials. Thank you!

PLEASE read through the tutorial(s) several times before striking out and cutting into your stitching project. The old adage: MEASURE TWICE, CUT ONCE is so very important.

Practice makes perfect.
*I am gradually adding DIFFICULTY levels to all tutorials as it has been recommended to me by my readers.

Something that you can do for me: many use me for my tutorials and I see finishes all over the web that are clearly made using them. I give them FREELY for anyone to use at any time because I want to be known for generosity and helping others. However, if you come to use my tutorials, or if you have been sent here by a link to them and enjoy them, please give my name credit and visit me at my personal blog.
Don't you think that is a fair trade?
I do and that is all I ask.
I have lots of stories to tell and ideas to share. Come and visit me, leave a comment or two, it makes me happy!
My personal blog ~ The Twisted Stitcher ~ can be found: HERE
My sincere thanks,
Vonna Pfeiffer
The Twisted Stitcher

P.S. I have lots of tutorials on this blog. Please, click on the link tabs below and remember to SCROLL DOWN... I update frequently enhancing them as I can ~ to help you better!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Embroidery Hoop Scissors Keepe...

Supplies to make one just like mine:
4 inch embroider hoops
2 wooden plaques (mine came from Hobby Lobby Craft Stores)
Wood Glue
Small Paint Brush
Wood Stain
Rubber Gloves
Old Sock
Drill/Drill Bits
Sandpaper


Step One:
Remove all the stickers from your wooden products. Sand lightly to get rid of gnarls and any sticker residue.
Disassemble (separate) the inner hoop and outer hoop of the embroidery hoops.

IMG_7459

IMG_7458

Step Two:
Put on some rubber gloves, grab your stain and old sock and stain all wood pieces. PROTECT your work surface with an old newspaper. Let dry.

IMG_7462

IMG_7461

IMG_7463

Step Three:
Once all wooden pieces are dry, take your wood glue, small paint brush and "paint" a line of glue on the edge of the inner hoop.
IMG_7465

Here is the wood glue I use:
IMG_7468

Start stacking the inner hoops together, one on top of the other. Mount all of them onto one of the wooden plaques and glue in place. Let dry.

Finally add the outer hoops and tighten down until you have a piece resembling this:
IMG_7469

Step Four:
Drill four holes into the other plaque. (HINT: have your scissors handy so that you can check to see if they fit!)

Sand the top, sand the inside of the hole. Restain top and stain the inside of the scissor holes. 

IMG_7467

Step Five:
Line the top hoop rim with glue and place the top plaque on firmly. Let dry.

HINT: I also put a heavy book or two on top so that the whole piece would dry with the edges all touching.
IMG_7471

IMG_7472

Step Six:
Add your scissors and enjoy!
Hoop Scissors Box