PLEASE NOTE: Click on the tutorial and then SCROLL DOWN! I have TONS of information on this site, and you must SCROLL DOWN to see it!

~ Welcome to my Finishing Tutorial Blog ~

It is my sincere pleasure to help fellow Stitchers learn how to finish their projects beautifully. Literally, thousands of people have used my tutorials with stunning results. My tutorials are complete, simple to follow and written for all learning levels and all learning types. I use a step by step format with written word and pictures that is appropriate for VISUAL learners as well as LITERAL learners. Everything is as correct, as concise and as perfect as I can make them.

I am currently also adding VIDEO tutorials to my website. I have a channel on YouTube and will add video tutorials as often as I can. It is my goal to teach as many people as I can to be proficient and at ease with finishing their cross stitch. I've had great positive feedback about my new video tutorials. Thank you!

PLEASE read through the tutorial(s) several times before striking out and cutting into your stitching project. The old adage: MEASURE TWICE, CUT ONCE is so very important.

Practice makes perfect.
*I am gradually adding DIFFICULTY levels to all tutorials as it has been recommended to me by my readers.

Something that you can do for me: many use me for my tutorials and I see finishes all over the web that are clearly made using them. I give them FREELY for anyone to use at any time because I want to be known for generosity and helping others. However, if you come to use my tutorials, or if you have been sent here by a link to them and enjoy them, please give my name credit and visit me at my personal blog.
Don't you think that is a fair trade?
I do and that is all I ask.
I have lots of stories to tell and ideas to share. Come and visit me, leave a comment or two, it makes me happy!
My personal blog ~ The Twisted Stitcher ~ can be found: HERE
My sincere thanks,
Vonna Pfeiffer
The Twisted Stitcher

P.S. I have lots of tutorials on this blog. Please, click on the link tabs below and remember to SCROLL DOWN... I update frequently enhancing them as I can ~ to help you better!

Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Altoid Tin...

PLEASE NOTE!!
This is NOT exactly how I would do things today...however I get asked a lot of times why I took the "old" tutorial off the web. SO...here it is again until I can make a better more up to date one. 


List of Materials Needed:


Empty Altoid Tin
Stitched Piece to fit on top
Matting Board to mount stitched piece
Matting Board to fit in the inside bottom of Altoid Tin
Quilt Batting
Tacky Glue
Embellishments (braided cording/complimenting material/etc.)
Scissors
Mat Knife
SUPPLIES:

1. GLUE quilt batting to top matting board and inside matting board
2. Mount and glue down top, bottom and sides of stitched piect to top matting board. Secure with clothes pins until glue is dry.

3. Cover top of tin with glue and mount top stitched piece onto tin:

4. Repeat the above steps with the inside matting board; instead of using stitched piece use complimentary material.

5. Make "no sew" band; as shown in pictures:
cut long, thin piece of material , but glue down both sides


Fold over top; finger press

fold over bottom; finger press; set aside to dry completely
Glue "strap" onto the bottom material mounted mat board piece...this "strap" will hold scissors in place.

6. Spread glue over bottom of tin and place material piece inside; you may embellish with a bit of cording around the edge - glued into place.


7. Take business card sized magnet and glue into top of Altoid Tin - magnet will be secure place for needles to rest. (this step not pictured)
8. Embellish the outside of tin with braided cording around the stitched piece and then around the bottom. I also added a beaded "handle" for ease in opening the tin (this was done by gluing beads on a straight pin and sticking the pin (with glue) into the stitched piece.


Now you have a beautifully finished Altoid Tin that you can take on your travels with you so that all your stitching necessities (needles, scissors, marking pins, etc) all enclosed in a beautiful little tin!

Finished tin


Inside (handmade, complimentary marking pins on end (right)