~ Welcome to my Finishing Tutorial Blog ~
It is my sincere pleasure to help fellow Stitchers learn how to finish their projects beautifully. Literally, thousands of people have used my tutorials with stunning results. My tutorials are complete, simple to follow and written for all learning levels and all learning types. I use a step by step format with written word and pictures that is appropriate for VISUAL learners as well as LITERAL learners. Everything is as correct, as concise and as perfect as I can make them.

PLEASE read through the tutorial(s) several times before striking out and cutting into your stitching project. The old adage: MEASURE TWICE, CUT ONCE is so very important.

Practice makes perfect.
*I am gradually adding DIFFICULTY levels to all tutorials as it has been recommended to me by my readers.

Something that you can do for me: many use me for my tutorials and I see finishes all over the web that are clearly made using them. I give them FREELY for anyone to use at any time. However, if you come to use my tutorials, or if you have been sent here by a link to them and enjoy them, please give my name credit and visit me at my personal blog.
Don't you think that is a fair trade?
I do and that is all I ask.
I have lots of stories to tell and ideas to share. Come and visit me, leave a comment or two, it makes me happy!
My personal blog ~ The Twisted Stitcher ~ can be found: HERE
My sincere thanks,
Vonna Pfeiffer
The Twisted Stitcher

P.S. I have lots of tutorials on this blog. Please, click on the link tabs below and remember to SCROLL DOWN... I update with frequently enhancing them as I can ~ to help you better!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Ornament Cording and Hanger 1...

I have been e-mailed many times by curious followers how I do my cording around various projects to make it look seamless. This is one way that I do it.

Either purchase or make by hand a length of cording. Find the center of it and lay it aside. 


Take your Flat Ornament Finish and starting on the bottom, lay a thin line of White Craft Glue along the edge.


Take the center of your cording and place it in the center bottom of the flat ornament, lay each "leg" of the cording down along the edge.


Turn to one side lay a line of glue and press the cording leg along the edge, repeat on the other side until your ornament looks like this:


Lay a line of glue along the top edge, press the corresponding cording "legs" along the edge until they meet in the middle, cross them like an "X" as shown below.


Thread and knot the end of a needle and take the two legs together at the "X" (do not end off with the needle and thread, leave it attached for the final step!)


Hold the two "legs" of cording together, measure up about 3 inches, make a knot and clip the ends - this makes the hanger. The knotted end will effectively be "hidden" in the branches of the tree so the cording around the ornament is seamless!


Now take a bow that you have made and using the needle and thread for the "X" tacking step (that you left in the project) Tack your bow down into the cording at the "X" junction as shown:


Admire that seamless cording, that fabulous bow, and beautiful ornament! How perfectly simple, Right?!

Heart inHand Home for Christmas