~Welcome ~
It is my sincere pleasure to help fellow Stitchers learn how to finish their projects beautifully. But I'm going to be honest...many use me for my tutorials and I see finishes all over the web that are clearly made using them. I give them freely. However, if you come to use my tutorials, or if you have been sent here by a link to them and enjoy them, please give my name credit and visit me at my personal blog.
Don't you think that is a fair trade?
I do and that is all I ask.
I have lots of stories to tell and ideas to share. Come and visit me, leave a comment or two, it makes me happy!
My personal blog ~ The Twisted Stitcher ~ can be found: HERE
My sincere thanks,
Vonna Pfeiffer
The Twisted Stitcher

P.S. I have lots of tutorials, click on the link tabs below and remember to SCROLL...the tutorials are all complete, and all step by step.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Fob....

Items you will need:
1.) stitched piece and coordinating material
2.) trim: chenille, cording, braiding, etc.
3.) filling: walnut shells (sold as bird/lizard litter), polyfill, polypellets, etc.
4.) sewing machine and/or thread and needle

Step 1:
Trim linen to 1/2 inch on all sides from the edge of stitching and cut a piece of coordinating material to exact size as trimmed stitched piece.


Step 2:
Pin the two pieces together; right sides together.

Step 3:
Using a 1/4" seam allowance sew together leaving about a 3/4" space on the bottom for turning.
sewing machine

Step 4:
Clip corners (diagonally close to seam, but not INTO seam), then turn out.


Step 5:
Use a corner tool to gently poke out the corners.

Step 6:
Fill with crushed walnuts (or filling of choice), fill until firm.

Step 7:
Blind stitch opening closed.
blind stitch


Step 8:
Couch chenille trim see diagram (or trim of choice) along the seam; at the top of the fob; make a loop for connecting the fob to your scissors (keep it short), tie a knot and scoot down until it is nestled against the fob, tack in place; continue couching chenille (or trim of choice) until the ends meet, then clip and end off. Use a tooth brush to gently "fuzz" up the chenille to make it fuller and to also help the clipped ends to disappear.

couching stitch

The Finished Fob:



"Maddie Button" Fob and Set
Designed by: The Scarlett House ~ Tanya Brockmeyer
Copyright 2011

*You may learn more about Maddie Button, about other wonderful designs put out by Tanya and where to purchase them at The Scarlett House

*Please see the other tutorials located on this blog for The Pin Cushion and the Button Jar Wrap*